Sunday, June 18, 2006

I have three empty photo albums sitting on my couch. (Thank you, Jenn, for getting me started!) This means I am on the road to organizing my photos. That was my fear with having a digital camera - never developing anything.

When I used to dream about what New Zealand would be like, I imagined myself doing some sort of Julie Andrews - Sound of Music - spinning around on top of a mountain with my arms out wide and my head thrown back, eyes to the sky. I may not have done such specific twirling, but I think I lived with reckless abandon and I loved it. My dream now is that no matter where I am, I will LIVE with my arms out wide and my head thrown back, eyes to the sky. This dream is a digital picture of myself that I have in my head - same fear as before.

Have you ever come to the point where you feel at an utter standstill with someone because there is something unsaid, staring you in the face, but no one has the courage to say it? Or the opposite, saying something you really didn't mean at all? I don't know where to go with that. Fear is certainly involved here as well.

But then, I say to myself. HELLO. Why are you so afraid? If you can't remember what PT/INR lab values mean, and you don't want a critical level to get passed you, then pick up your lab book and LEARN IT AGAIN. So I did. And now it doesn't scare me.

And to Joanna, thank you so much for your comment some days back. You don't know how much good that did my heart. Congratulations, Belizian bride (is that a word?)!! I hope you got to spin around in your dress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home