Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The entire month of July passed by and not one single blog entry did I post. So here are some highlights as I flip the calendar page to August. Maybe I will create a Kodak photo gallery of July photos.

Drove to Dallas to visit Sarah and Russell. They were in for a visit from New Zealand, pre-wedding. Catching up and having all the memories come flooding back listening to Sarah's accent, sweet as.

Fireworks in the rain for the 4th (paid holiday - excellent). I wore a dress.

Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest. Pure joy.

Vinyard and Orchard fun in the Hill Country for Steph's birthday. Wine tasting and blackberry picking - who knew Texas had this to offer?

Out to eat, friends, Netflicks, late night shows (I can't stay up that late anymore, my body won't allow it).

I bought a Betta fish - his name is Raul. He is flash.

WORK - which has continued to get better as I feel more comfortable in my role as Team Lead and get to know my co-workers and the docs better.

Work highlights:

Lots of doctors out for vacation = lots more work for me

Telling a 14 year old she had chlamydia and hearing about her partner's 12 other partners

In and out cath on a female pt - I hadn't done one in a few years, so it was a bit of a thrill to get back to some of those basic nursing skills instead of telephone nursing (despite that it was a catheter)! Plus the pt told me she was appreciative that I talked her through it step by step so she knew what to expect

Holding my first team meeting.


I am looking at all this and do not feel very exciting, but thats the way it goes...it can't all be sky diving and volcano hiking. There are certainly other crazy important things going on in the world, so maybe July was a better month to read the NY Times than it was to read my blog. I had slightly enough time designated to "the big issues" - the outcome is a general comprehension of a handful of global happenings.

PS - I am finally medically insured. Risky living's day is over. Happy August 1st.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home